Wednesday, December 15, 2010

warm holiday cheer

after talking to my friend kate yesterday..{about how cold I am and how hot she is} made me remember that not everyone celebrates the holidays in the delightful {insert sarcasm here} bone chilling-almost have frostbite-needs to get realllly close to the heater to thaw out weather like I do. but to be perfectly honest i tend to associate the holidays with the cold weather and last nights conversation made me wonder.. how do people in the southern hemisphere get in the holiday spirit? 
ding! then i remembered seeing a gorgeous “christmas in july” photo shoot on one of my favorite blogs {the city cradle} and thought if i didn't have to worry about how low the wind chill factor was or whether or not we’ll be getting snow…this would be my kind of christmas.  
no snow...no problem! white water balloons easily replace the icy spheres 
peppermint pops doubles as a bouquet...
a yummy dessert tables filled with what else...christmas cookies, donuts and peppermint shooters

i love the glass ornaments filled with baby's breath
click {here} to see more of this amazing shoot.

21 comments :

  1. I'm in the same boat as you! Christmas is COLD! I have a friend who got married and moved from the north down to Australia! Now she's having one of these warm Christmases!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red, Turquoise and bicycles and birdcages - what are you trying to do?! Smother me with pretty??!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh. love this. can't say anything but that. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine a COLD Christmas! This time of year (in Sydney) is all about swimming at the beach after work, bbq's for Christmas lunch, flip flops (thongs) and shorts. My mum even makes a 'plum pudding' out of ice cream. Yummo! This shoot kinda sums it up. Esp the water balloons, it is hot down here at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect: the inspiration I was looking for before our Christmas lunch. It's summer here and a lot of what I see is a lot of what I wanted to do: PERFECT... Thanks for sharing this. I will be having fun this weekend planning/making it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living in the cold midwest, this is such a breath of fresh air! I can not imagine what it would be like to celebrate a Christmas like this... but it is sounding FUN! The ornaments are really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This is amazing! Love the "summer" take on the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT inspiration!!!!! Love it, so many wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable I can hardly stand it! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so so fun. this is what it's like in california.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are so many things I love about this shoot!! The water balloons in lieu of snowballs, the peppermint pop bouquet, those candy colored shots, and those ornaments filled with babies breath!! Love. It. All.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well isn't this delightful!!! I might just have to set up my back yard with a bike for Christmas day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. supppppper cute shoot! jeez! you always have great taste, chris!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This could actually happen in Southern California...but our weather is acting really bad right now! I love this shoot! It's creative and so unexpected! Have a great weekend sweets!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so super cute and fun!! Love the ornaments filled with babys breath. I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of the sunny holiday--I'd take sun OR snow over the rain here in Seattle :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really enjoying browsing your blog!! This is such a cool shoot!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Design by Get Polished