Wednesday, August 3, 2011

{guest post} cake and cider celebration from luna & chloe weddings

Hello oh so fabulous readers of P&P!  Kristi here from Luna and Chloe Weddings and Over The Moon Vintage Rentals.  I was doing the 'kangaroo hop' when Chris asked me to guest post for her while she is off on vacay.  As if you don't already know, I heart Chris and P&P big time!  I of course, asked her if she could pack me too...goodness, I even offered to pay the over the weight limit fee ~ hehe.  But no, it just wouldn't work...so here I am working away ;-) Anyhoo ~ since I had to stay here and work, I figured I might as well have a little celebration while I was it.  You see, my sister and my birthday's are one day apart, and I thought why not throw a little celebration for us both.  
So without further ado here's a little Happy Birthday (to me and you) Party... Postcards-and-Pretties-1 I have to tell you my dears ~ that my all time favorite cake is Burnt Almond Cake!  Oh my goodness it is a little piece of heaven, and was the inspiration for this birthday party... Postcards-and-Pretties-2 I have to tell you that I planned this shoot on the hottest day of the year...eeks!  So these pictures were actually taken at 8 am while it was still bearable outside.  And since it was so early in the morning, I used sparkling apple cider instead of champagne (hence the color).  However, since I ate the piece of cake that early in the morning (you bet your buttons I did), I wish I had poured champagne!  Champagne and cake at 8 am ~ hey it's allowed on your birthday, no? I hope you enjoyed this little birthday celebration shoot I put together just for P&P readers!  I know that this shoot is for a birthday, but all of these details can easily be used at a wedding, bridal shower, engagement party - you get the idea. Cheers to a fabulous week.  ~ k 
 ...vintage rentals by over the moon vintage rentals and custom paper designs by over the moon vintage rentals ~ homemade, photography by luna and chloe weddings

blog | facebook | twitter                               blog | facebook | twitter

22 comments :

  1. what a yummy cake!adorable setting!
    jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, i love all the little details. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is drop dead gorgeous!!! What a beautiful setting for a party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness this is the sweetest little dessert party bar ever!! love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That entire set up is so lovely! Everything down to the last detail is just so sweet and perfect. I'm a fan! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love, seriously. This has inspired me to create a little dessert table for a little get together with my girls. I love the idea of using an embroidery hoop for a cake topper - so stinking brilliant. These are so cheap and can be incorporated into any fun party or wedding in so many ways...love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that cake looks delicious. love the cake stand too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is ABSOLUTELY perfect!! Krysti, you are a genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all that looks delish. Secondly I love that vase!
    xo
    Alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, lovely! (had to say it twice) So wonderful how you worked every detail around the "burnt almond" concept!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!! Love the decorating with the book pages how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving these ideas, Kristi. Completely original and completely lovely.

    xoxo, chrissy
    The Perfect Palette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these details photos, perfect for a magazine spread.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the decorations with wording! i am planning a party for my nanas 80th at the moment and am bringing dictionaries into the decoration, you have given me lots more ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, how darling! Leave to the amazing Kristi to whip up such a sweet bash!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty! I love the book page wrapped cake stand and the embroidery hoop topper! SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing! The setup is gorgeous... love the cake, and the book page wrap!! Incredibly job by Kristi as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that was a nice and beautiful lines and lovable design..


    http://www.savethedatemagic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is beautiful!! do you have a recipe for the cake? i would love to recreate this for my girlfriend's baby shower. please say yes!!! thanks so much!! Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I think this would taste so delicious. I also love almonds too. :D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Design by Get Polished