Friday, August 5, 2011

{guest post} ribbon wand send off from sparkle & hay

Happy Summer P&P readers!  Erin of Sparkle & Hay here, absolutely positively happy-as-can-be to guest post while our friend Chris takes a much deserved vacation! I'll be honest, the idea of creating an inspiration board to share with you fleetingly (.02 seconds of a crazy thought) crossed my mind... but luckily I came to my senses, realizing that there is no way one of my little boards would could pass muster on Chris's lovely blog (as she is the inspiration board Queen) so I took a cue from the recent 4th of July holiday instead. Thinking of the fourth immediately makes me think of fireworks, which translated into wedding speak, makes me think of a sparkler send off!  Since they are not easily obtainable (or legal) in all states, I thought I'd share an alternative idea with you that everyone can pull off; a ribbon wand send-off!
A fun & playful fanfare ribbon wands are also so pretty as a decor vignette in creating your wedding ambiance.
 via & via
Perhaps best of all, these are a simple project you can DIY to specially match your wedding colors (I don't know about you but I'm picturing a shimmery ribbon to catch the light just-so).
Or for those of you who prefer to have someone else do the DIY for you check out Etsy!
Whichever way you go, ribbon wands are a lighthearted way to add a memorable send-off to your celebration.

10 comments :

  1. what a pretty and vintage way to send the couple off! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved this idea for a sendoff. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ribbon wands! They add such a sweet detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ribbon wands are such a cute idea for a wedding as a momento. I would have never thought of it. Seems easy to make, and would be fun for the guest at the wedding. Thanks for a fantastic idea. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely one of my favorite sweet endings to any wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun and cute idea! I love that you can just have fun with it all night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of sending the bride & groom off with these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite thing about this is that it's very easy to make and yet brings a lot of life to a celebration! It's also pretty versatile as it can be used in a lot of different events, plus they could very well be used as part of the decor. Very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Design by Get Polished