Thursday, September 1, 2011

{trends} school is cool

 It's September!! Can you believe it?  Yippee! I'm such a autumn girl the changing of the leaves, the crisp air and any excuse to hit the back to school aisle at Target is okay by me. Granted, I no longer need to pick up a snazzy new trapper keeper {Ha! do they still make those?} but I love everything that has to do with going back to school.  I broke down a few of my favorite subjects for all you school inspired wedding fans.   

Class is in session! 

Homeroom
How cute are these old school desks and don't you love these decorated lockers? 

Period 1: English Literature 
If you appreciate timeless classics and Mr. Darcy has you swooning then your favorite class is definitely English Literature.  Accessories like a ruffly capelet and pretty hair fascinator are romantic while a book mobiles add a bit of whimsy. 

Period 2: Science
Hydrogen, Oxygen, Lithium oh my! If the periodic table and is more your style then you'll love a Science inspired wedding filled with test tube centerpieces and beakers details.  

Period 3: Art
If you're not afraid of a little color and love being creative then you will love Art. This is the perfect subject for all you DIY brides that are going the extra mile to inject personality and individuality on your big day.  

Period 4: Lunch
Have your guests pick up their buffet style meal and treats in vintage lunch trays and have them grab a seat in one of those brightly colored chairs that remind you of your school's cafeteria.  

Period 5: Gym
Jock or not, you'll love Gym! I love the idea of transforming a basketball court as a reception lounge and handing out these fun pennants for your guests to cheer you on.   Go Love! 

Period 6: Math
If you love #2 pencils and equations like you + me = ♥ then Math is probably the subject for you! 

Class dismissed...

15 comments :

  1. That last school bus pic is a keeper! Love this post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many cute details! i love the little pennant flags. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of the couple as a math equation is awesome! I also love the decorations on the lockers! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post, Chris. LOVE!
    I adore the English Lit gallery - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this time of year too... great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are too cute with this post!!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Great pictures. My favorite is the math one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love how you broke it down by periods and that last photo is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah such cute photos. Love the desks!
    xo
    Alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so creative and full of inspiration! I love the way you broke it down by subject. Thanks for stopping by my blog too! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You picked a fantastic theme, and the picture's to go along with it. It is hard to believe that September is already here. I won't feel the fall temps until sometime in November here in the Houston,TX area so I still have to wait a few months. Have a great Labor Day Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am GRINNING-this post is heaven for my inner nerd!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Design by Get Polished