Tuesday, January 10, 2012

{in the studio with} azulsahara

Name/Company:
Cristina Pennefather of Azulsahara

Location:
Madrid, Spain
How did you get started?
I am a photographer and designer. Three years ago a close friend of mine got married and she asked me to design her wedding invitations. I found the task challenging and fascinating! The invitations were a great success and family and friends encouraged me to start designing wedding invitations and stationery professionally. In 2008 our studio, Azulsahara, was launched. Since then the number of clients has gradually increased, with orders from all over the world!

Where do you go for inspiration?
I am fascinated by art, textures, materials and colors. I like combining them to come up with creative and original designs. I travel a lot and get lots of ideas from other cultures, then I work on these ideas to create Azulsahara´s unique style.
What is your signature style?
Original, unique and creative wedding invitations. Elegant designs which go from the more classic and vintage to the more chic and trendy, and exotic! We combine modern designs with traditional handcrafted techniques.

What is your favourite spot in your studio?
Our showroom, which is where we display all the work we produce in cozy and cute ways, like wooden boxes, crystal jars, baskets..... surrounded by vases with flowers. It also has a lot of light and opens onto a lovely garden with a terrace!
Do you have a current favorite color palette or wedding trend?
At the moment I am designing wedding invitations which are a fusion between a classic style and the influence of Asian art.
Where do you see your business in five years?
We hope to go on designing unique and beautiful wedding stationery that makes couple's weddings a very special day all around the world. I also see myself working with other professionals such as wedding planners, as it is challenging and gratifying to design wedding stationary with specific themes, colours etc that match couples personalities and fulfill their idea of their dream wedding.
Finish the sentence
I can´t live without a large cup of coffee at 7am, my Mac , delicious food, and a long walk in the countryside with my dog!

5 comments :

  1. It's so great to see where all the magic happens!!! ;) Great to finally "meet" you, Cristina ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Azul Sahara! Our clients use her amazing stationery all the time. Her studio if full of inspiration! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their work is full of creativity and pretty details. Lovely showroom feels nice and cozzy !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola!!!!
    Me encantó tu trabajo y tu oficina!!!!! yo quiero uno!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Design by Get Polished