Tuesday, November 23, 2010

{shoot} cozy autumn table

my lovely friends aleah + nick from {valley & co.} sent over this cozy autumn shoot perfect for the upcoming holiday season. it's full of wonderful ideas and inspiration...so take notes.
here is what aleah had to say about the shoot: 
"for this photo shoot we wanted to showcase ideas perfect for an intimate holiday dinner that has a unique and charming character and warm ambiance. our overall look was rustic-inspired and vibrant green apples and assorted pods brought in unexpected texture and flags bursting "cheers!" lent a touch of whimsy. anchored with succulents in copper vessels, any group of guest would enjoy our table and this industrial space in downtown seattle with its oversized single-pane windows and exposed brick walls. tom douglas served up chanterelle tarts and après-dinner coffee liquor drinks, perfect for a late night of enjoyment."
"when dreaming your holiday dinner, think about all of the details to really make your guests feel welcomed and know that you put thought into the celebration. print up menus and place cards and think about a theme that is comfortable, gorgeous, and will encourage your guests to stay and visit for hours."


design: aleah + nick valley {valley & co.}  | floral: anne bradfield, {floressence}  
photography: {jeremy leffel}  venue, food, and drinks: palace ballroom by {tom douglas}
linens: {choice linens}  stationery: {izzy girl}  chairs: {aa party rentals}
glass vessels: {glassybaby}   vintage bobbins: aleah's family pieces

{irish coffee}
2 1/2 oz strong, hot coffee
1 1/2 oz irish whiskey
1 tsp brown sugar
1 oz whipping cream
hot caramel for the rim

pour hot caramel into a low, open bowl and roll the rim of an Irish coffee mug in the caramel. pour the coffee, Irish whiskey and brown sugar into the mug and stir. float the whipping cream on top and enjoy!


21 comments :

  1. This is beautiful! As always Aleah and Nick did an amazing job!!This makes me wish for a celebration like Thanksgiving!! Absolutely beautiful guys!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! It makes me wish I was hosting my own Thanksgiving celebration! Certainly borrowing that Irish Coffee recipe too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmm!!! This looks superb! Aleah & Nick you've knocked it out of the park - AGAIN!! Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, Aleah and Nick! So comfy, rustic and happy. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you mind terribly coming over to my house to set my holiday table? :) Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! Everything is so rustic and gives off such a cozy vibe. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freezing here in the Pacific NW- This makes me want some Irish Coffee before breakfast it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, Valley & Co! This is beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Aleah and Nick did an amazing job!! This makes me excited for Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous.

    I love the input and advice... definitely got me thinking about doing more for my table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for the wonderful comments! We'd love to come and set all of your holiday tables + visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, Aleah! Chris thanks for posting this! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - this is just gorgeous! Aleay and Nick did another amazing job ;-) So perfect for Fall and Thanksgiving - so fabulous inspiration to set the Thanksgiving table with!! Thanks for sharing my friend!!

    xoxo
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! And I'd like that coffee right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oo thanks for sharing a recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous shoot-the arrangements are lovely! And I could definitely go for an Irish coffee this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely and warm ... and the Irish coffee looks so wonderful right now ... suddenly the temperature has dipped this afternoon and it's freezing outside! Irish coffee would solve that problem right away! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Maybe next year you can come decorate my house for the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love Love LOVE the colours of this shoot! I just wish that I'm there with a cup of hot choc!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome you guys, this is fabulous!! And I see you got your little glassybaby's in there!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you Chris and to Aleah + Nick... anyone wanna have me over for Turkey??

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Design by Get Polished