Thursday, October 27, 2011

short hair brides

It's funny how a simple conversation can inspire a blog post. Last week I went for my long overdue hair cut and caught a conversation a few chairs away.  The woman was telling her hairdresser that this was going to be her last major haircut because she was growing out her hair for her wedding. {It's funny how my ears perk up of any mention of weddings, etc.} The hairdresser was clearly surprised and insisted that she can still wear her signature hair short for her wedding.  The bride went on and saying that she wasn't sure if short hair looked good with a ...and that's all I heard!!! My hairdresser began blow drying my hair and I could eavesdrop hear the rest of the convo.  So I'm guessing that she said short hair wouldn't look good with a veil but that couldn't be so farther from the truth. I personally love the look of short hair brides especially if it's your signature look. Cute lacy headbands, floral fascinators or birdcage veils would be my go to accessory for short hair brides. 
Here are a few I collected from super short pixie cuts to pretty bob lengths. 


 


 



Are you planning on growing out your hair for your wedding?

19 comments :

  1. I have to say o love a good hair cut!!! I don't have short hair but i do love to see a bride with one of these rad hair cuts!! They always look so elegant ans sassy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute haircuts! I love a girl who can rock short hair! I love these photos, short hair looks so pretty with fascinators!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hair is all pretty and long for my wedding - but i'm really loving all of these short-hair brides. they are so sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaaaahh! they are all adorable! & i love how post ideas come from real life (so true!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. REPRESENT!!! Being a short-haired bride myself, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the most beautiful brides I've ever photographed had really short hair....and she cut her long hair right before her Wedding. She looked amazing, so cute with a bird cage veil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did grow my hair long for my wedding, maybe because I never had such a good short cut like these Brides. They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I'll be a short-haired bride myself in a few weeks! Currently trying to figure out the timing of my pre-wedding haircut so it will be the perfect length of shortness on my wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww - we don't see enough short haired brides. So pretty! love these looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I am getting married in a few weeks and am typically a shoulder length haired girl but since getting engaged have let it grow. That said, my hair stylist fiance will be cutting my hair back to shoulder-ish length the day after our wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've ALWAYS had short hair and i think i look bizarro with long hair. i definitely want to keep it short for the wedding and i love the showcase of brides who rock the crop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post is making me miss short hair, although I was thinking of shaving my head the other day! Lovely picks and it is great to see short hairstyles under the spotlight. Gorgeous selections Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty. Love the first and last photos the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So I have hair like a Mormon sister wife (I fear the scissors) BUT I'm always talking/dreaming about a little pixie cut-they look so impossibly chic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great inspiration for short hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww what a great post for short haired girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love this post! It's always a challenge for short-haired girls to "prettify" their hair on their wedding day and this is just a perfect post to refer to in the future. Bookmarking! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Design by Get Polished